Publications in peer reviewed journals
- Herbeck LS, Sollich M, Unger D, Holmer M, Jennerjahn TC, 2014. Impact of pond aquaculture effluents on seagrass performance in NE Hainan, tropical China. Marine Pollution Bulletin 85 (1): 190-203.
- Herbeck LS, Unger D, 2013. Pond aquaculture effluents traced along back-reef waters by standard water quality parameters, δ15N in suspended matter and phytoplankton bioassays. Marine Ecology Progress Series 478: 71-86.
- Herbeck LS, Unger D, Wu Y, Jennerjahn TC, 2013. Effluent, nutrient and organic matter export from shrimp and fish ponds causing eutrophication in coastal and back-reef waters of NE Hainan, tropical China. Continental Shelf Research 57: 92-104.
- Jennerjahn TC, Dsikowitzky L, 2013. Land-Sea interactions in tropical ecosystems of Hainan, China. Continental Shelf Research 57: 1-2.
- Unger D, Herbeck LS, Li M, Bao H, Wu Y, Zhang J, Jennerjahn T, 2013. Sources, transformation and fate of particulate amino acids and hexosamines under varying hydrological regimes in the tropical Wenchang/Wenjiao Rivers and Estuary, Hainan, China. Continental Shelf Research 57: 44-58.
- Wu Y, Bao H, Unger D, Herbeck LS, Zhu Z, Zhang J, Jennerjahn TC, 2013. Biogeochemical behavior of organic carbon in a small tropical river and estuary, Hainan, China. Continental Shelf Research 57: 32-43.
- Zhang J, Wang D, Jennerjahn T, Dsikowitzky L, 2013. Land–sea interactions at the east coast of Hainan Island, South China Sea: A synthesis. Continental Shelf Research 57: 132-142.
- Jennerjahn TC, 2012. Biogeochemical response of tropical coastal systems to present and past environmental change. Earth-Science Reviews 114(1-2): 19-41.
- Krumme U, Herbeck LS, Wang T, 2012. Tide- and rainfall-induced variations of physical and chemical parameters in a mangrove-depleted estuary of East Hainan (South China Sea). Marine Environmental Research 82: 28-39.
- Herbeck LS, Unger D, Krumme U, Liu SM, Jennerjahn TC, 2011. Typhoon-induced precipitation impact on nutrient and suspended matter dynamics of a tropical estuary affected by human activities in Hainan, China. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 93 (4): 375-388.
- Liu SM, Li R, Zhang G, Wang D, Du J, Herbeck LS, Zhang J, Ren J, 2011. The impact of anthropogenic activities on nutrient dynamics in the tropical Wenchanghe and Wenjiaohe Estuary and Lagoon system in East Hainan, China. Marine Chemistry 125: 49-68.
- Su J, Wang J, Pohlmann T, Xu D, 2011. The influence of meteorological variation on the upwelling system off eastern Hainan during summer 2007-2008. Ocean Dynamics 61 (6): 717-730.
- Su J, Pohlmann T, 2009. Wind and topography influence on an upwelling system at the eastern Hainan coast. Journal of Geophysical Research 114, C06017, doi:10.1029/2008JC005018.
work in progress
Bachelor and Master theses
- Schäfer M., 2017. Identification of sentinel species for coastal biomonitoring in tropical China, Hainan. M.Sc. thesis, Charité – University Medicine Berlin. [abstract]
- Manns D, 2016. LC-MS based detection of antibiotics in water samples – Application on wastewater samples from Hainan, China. Bachelor thesis, RWTH Aachen. [abstract only in German]
- Munder W., 2016. Organic contaminants in coastal sediments of Hainan, China. B.Sc. thesis, RWTH Aachen. [abstract]
- Thomson T., 2016. Seagrass biomass and morphology under varying degrees of shading by suspended matter in Hainan, China. B.Sc. thesis, University of Bremen. [abstract]
- Hackstein F, 2015. Method Development for sensitive Determination of Antibiotics in Seawater Samples using LC/MS. B.Sc. thesis, RWTH Aachen. [abstract]